MQTT is a machine-to-machine (M2M)/"Internet of Things" connectivity protocol. It was designed as an extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport.
MQTT is a server/client architecture.
This particular binding allows to configure connections to brokers via openHAB Things. This binding does NOT allow you to link Channels to MQTT topics or perform auto-discovery of available MQTT topics. Please check out the available extensions:
- Broker: This bridge represents an MQTT Broker connection, configured and managed by this binding.
- SystemBroker: A system configured broker cannot be changed by this binding and will be listed as read-only system-broker.
Required configuration parameters are:
- host: The IP/Hostname of the MQTT broker. Be aware that this binding allows only one bridge / one connection per unique host:port.
- port: The optional port of the MQTT broker. If none is provided, the typical ports 1883 and 8883 (SSL) are used. Be aware that this binding allows only one bridge / one connection per unique host:port.
- secure: Uses TLS/SSL to establish a secure connection to the broker. Can be true or false. Defaults to false.
Additionally the following parameters can be set:
- qos: Quality of Service. Can be 0, 1 or 2. Please read the MQTT specification for details. Defaults to 0.
- clientID: Use a fixed client ID. Defaults to empty which means a user ID is generated for this connection.
Reconnect parameters are:
- reconnectTime: Reconnect time in ms. If a connection is lost, the binding will wait this time before it tries to reconnect. Defaults to 60000 (60s).
- keepAlive: Keep alive / heartbeat timer in s. It can take up to this time to determine if a server connection is lost. A lower value may keep the broker unnecessarily busy for no or little additional value. Defaults to 60s.
An MQTT last will and testament can be configured:
- lwtMessage: An optional last will and testament message. Defaults to empty.
- lwtTopic: The last will topic. Defaults to empty and therefore disables the last will.
- lwtQos: The optional qos of the last will. Defaults to 0.
- lwtRetain: Retain last will message. Defaults to false.
For more security, the following optional parameters can be altered:
- username: The MQTT username (since MQTT 3.1). Defaults to empty.
- password: The MQTT password (since MQTT 3.1). Defaults to empty.
- certificatepin: If this is set: After the next connection has been successfully established, the certificate is pinned. The connection will be refused if another certificate is used. Clear certificate to allow a new certificate for the next connection attempt. This option will increase security.
- publickeypin: If this is set: After the next connection has been successfully established, the public key of the broker is pinned. The connection will be refused if another public key is used. Clear publickey to allow a new public key for the next connection attempt. This option will increase security.
- certificate: The certificate hash. If certificatepin is set this hash is used to verify the connection. Clear to allow a new certificate pinning on the next connection attempt. If empty will be filled automatically by the next successful connection. An example input would be
- publickey: The public key hash. If publickeypin is set this hash is used to verify the connection. Clear to allow a new public key pinning on the next connection attempt. If empty will be filled automatically by the next successful connection. An example input would be
You can extend your broker connection bridges with a channel:
- publishTrigger: This channel is triggered when a value is published to the configured MQTT topic on this broker connection. The event payload (in
receivedEvent) will be the received MQTT topic and its value, separated by the hash character (
Configuration parameters are:
- stateTopic: This channel will trigger on this MQTT topic. This topic can contain wildcards like + and # for example "all/in/#" or "sensors/+/config".
- payload: An optional condition on the value of the MQTT topic that must match before this channel is triggered.