Thank you for supporting openHAB!
Since 2016, the openHAB Foundation e.V. is a non-profit organisation that promotes the project and the use of open, vendor-agnostic solutions to empower your smart home in all possible ways:
- Organizing events such as the Smart Home Day;
- Running this website on behalf of the project and dealing with marketing and media;
- Maintaining the build server and the repositories of release binaries;
- Hosting a demo server for new users to try openHAB;
- Keeping the community forum server up and running;
- Running the free-of-charge myopenHAB service, an openHAB Cloud instance allowing 20000+ registered users to easily and securely access their smart home remotely, and connect them to the cloud;
- Taking care of the publication of the apps in Google Play, the Apple App Store and the Windows Store;
- Making sure openHAB has a presence on various external platforms such as IFTTT and Amazon Alexa;
- and more!
Everything has a cost, and while you're enjoying these services for free, running them with no commercial intent is not. Your donations help a lot and are used solely for extending the goals of the Foundation. If you find these efforts useful, please consider donating what you think they are worth.
You can make a donation via PayPal by clicking the link below:
Join the Foundation
While one-time donations are very much appreciated, if you share our vision and would like to support the activities of the Foundation actively, please also consider becoming a member.
Membership perks include:
- a special badge on the community forum to show our appreciation;
- access to special forums and other communication channels reserved for members;
- for full members, the ability to attend general assemblies and vote to shape the future of the Foundation.
As an “anerkannter gemeinnütziger Verein”, all membership fees and donations to the openHAB Foundation e.V. are tax-deductible for German residents.