Learn why we decided to create openHAB, what is it for and how it works!
Welcome to openHAB - a vendor and technology agnostic open source automation software for your home.
Build your smart home in no time!
- May 25, 2015 - A second alpha release of openHAB 2 has been published as an early preview of the next major openHAB version!
- May 25, 2015 - openHAB 1.7.0 has been released! Read the Release Notes to learn more about the new features, enhancements and fixes!
- March 27, 2015 - openHAB is now available as a pre-installed service on the Tinkerforge RED Brick - see the press release (in german)
- January 29, 2015 - The bugfix release 1.6.2 is now available! Read the Release Notes for all included fixes.
- January 24, 2015 - openHAB is a People's Choice Winner at the Postscapes IoT Awards 2014/15!
- November 30, 2014 - The bugfix release 1.6.1 is now available! Read the Release Notes for all included fixes.
- November 24, 2014 - A first alpha release of openHAB 2.0 has been published - read details here.
- November 23, 2014 - openHAB 1.6 has been released! Read the Release Notes to learn more about the new features, enhancements and fixes!
KNX is the worldwide STANDARD for all applications in home automation and building control
EnOcean is an energy harvesting wireless technology used primarily in building automation systems
INSTEON is a powerline based networking technology for the connected home..
HomeMatic is a wireless home automation system developed and designed by eQ-3 AG
digitalSTROM represents digital lifestyle and integrated connectivity concept for intelligent living
The computer network interface for the radio components of the MAX! heating control
Koubachi analyzes your plant data and gives you instructions when and how to care for your plants
Asterisk is a free and open source framework for building communications applications
Tinkerforge is a platform of microcontroller building blocks that can control different modules
MQTT is an open message protocol for M2M that enables the transfer of telemetry-style data
OpenSprinkler is an open-source, Internet-based sprinkler controller built around the Arduino software
Xively is an on-line database service allowing developers to connect sensor-derived data to the Web
Want to see it yourself?
Try openHAB without any installation. We provide a fully functional online demo which can be used with our Android and iOS apps!