Learn why we decided to create openHAB, what is it for and how it works!
Welcome to openHAB - a vendor and technology agnostic open source automation software for your home
- June 28, 2017 - openHAB 2.1 has been released with many enhancements and fixes.
- January 22, 2017 - The first official release of openHAB 2.0 is out!
- December 15, 2016 - The all new myopenHAB has been launched, the code is now fully open-source!
- June 01, 2016 - Documentation for openHAB 2 is now available at docs.openhab.org.
- May 23, 2016 - The bugfix release 1.8.3 is now available! Read the Release Notes for all included fixes.
- May 20, 2016 - The openHAB Foundation has been established as a non-profit organization promoting and supporting openHAB.
KNX is the worldwide STANDARD for all applications in home automation and building control
EnOcean is an energy harvesting wireless technology used primarily in building automation systems
INSTEON is a powerline based networking technology for the connected home..
HomeMatic is a wireless home automation system developed and designed by eQ-3 AG
digitalSTROM represents digital lifestyle and integrated connectivity concept for intelligent living
The computer network interface for the radio components of the MAX! heating control
Koubachi analyzes your plant data and gives you instructions when and how to care for your plants
Asterisk is a free and open source framework for building communications applications
Tinkerforge is a platform of microcontroller building blocks that can control different modules
MQTT is an open message protocol for M2M that enables the transfer of telemetry-style data
OpenSprinkler is an open-source, Internet-based sprinkler controller built around the Arduino software
Xively is an on-line database service allowing developers to connect sensor-derived data to the Web
Want to see it yourself?
Try openHAB without any installation. We provide a fully functional online demo which can be used with our Android and iOS apps!